• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help memory question!?! any help would be great!!

after 3 years of being an iphone user ive decided to go with the captivate! Ive had it for a couple days and I am loving it! I dont know what happened though. I recorded one video that was about :30 seconds and took two pictures. Now when I open my camera I get a "warning low memory" message. I checked the sd and phone storage from the settings and its showing 1.68gb available? any ideas?! also when i go to gallery i cannot look at pictures or watch the video I recorded. PLEASE HELP!!!:thinking:

ok i went into camera settings and storage it says phone but its gray where i cannot change it? how else would i change? oh and it is saying low memory nothing about the battery..

It will be grayed out unless you have an external SD card installed. Then and only then will you be able to select an alternate save location.

Upvote 0
i put in an old micro sd card 1gb that i had laying around and my phone says it cannot mount it?? I am starting to get frustrated!!

You may need to format it and 1gb isn't gonna get you very far.
I picked up a class 2 16gb micro sd from Sandisk on Amazon for $28 with free shipping, works like a charm, I have pictures, music and videos on it works like a champ.

Upvote 0
I am picking up a 16gb card but.just wondering if something is wrong with my phone it shouldn't already be outta memory should it?

No something else is going on with your phone. Movies and photos are stored on your INTERNAL SD card - the onboard memory. You have about 13.5 GB free when you get the phone. Apps are stored with the OS in its memory area - about 1.5GB minus the OS.

If you add a memory card, your options for saving video will be phone and memory card - both will have a little memory card icon. If you use a file manager (MyFiles is built in) you will start in/SDCard and you can browse to Camera and see all your pics and video. If you add an external card it will be located at /SDCard/SD

Also if you go to settings->SD card and phone storage-> youc an see how much space you have on the External SD card; Internal SD card; and Internal phone storage. You can also format the internal and external memory by unmounting.

You may have something wrong with your phone, or you may have filled up 13.5 GB without knowing it.

Upvote 0
I am picking up a 16gb card but.just wondering if something is wrong with my phone it shouldn't already be outta memory should it?

Depends on what kind of chip it is, it may be the chip. 1gb of memeory is nothing for this phone. Go to menu--settings--sd card and phone storage, that will tell you how much available memory you have in your internal and when you get a new external. The old chip is probably fill, like I said 1gb is not much memory and could be filled quickly.

Upvote 0
I think there is something wrong with my phone, when I go into settings to check the memory for the internal SD card it says unavailable and cannot be full already I have only downloaded 5or 6 Apps

Is the internal card mounted? If you click "Unmount SD card" under the internal card settings then total space and available space will change to "unavailable." If this is the case press the "Mount SD card" button and it should start back up. If this doesn't work you may have a bad internal sd memory.

Reactions: borgesi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones