1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Memory Space

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by yudh, Dec 28, 2011.

1. yudh

yudh Lurker

Hi Guys,

I'm so sorry for the very simple question but i still have to ask to you guys since I didn't found the way :

how to choose manually / set as default the location to USB storage instead of system storage if you ever want to save a file or application ??

if i save a file or image file, the directory always automatically choose the system file rather than others.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AndyMT

AndyMT Lurker

my note has just started doing this.

everything was fine. all apps got installed to USB storage (i don't have an SD card). 7Gb free. life was good.

now, it's trying to install everything to System storage. it's running out of space now and i'm getting messages telling me that internal memory is full.

WTF is going on ? this is beyond stupid.

there doesn't appear to be a way to configure android to install on USB storage (at least from UI). only move apps to SD card. which i don't have.

the other option is to download SDK, switch on USB debugging, run a command ... etc.. give me a break

PLEASE. anyone have this problem ? anyone have a solution ?

i don't know why it's started doing this and i'm not one to fiddle around with my settings unless i know what i'm doing.

would appreciate any ideas. thanks.

3. Bodestone

Bodestone Android Enthusiast

I can't see how to change the default but you can manually move some of the apps to save you space in the mean time. Unfortunately you have to do it one at a time from Manage Applications in Settings and not all applications can be moved.

Clearing the cache of applications of applications you cannot move.

Samsung Galaxy Note Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 2500mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews