1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Memory stick

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrsSB, Jun 30, 2013.

1. MrsSB

MrsSB Lurker

I have some music on a memory stick that I'd like to put on my tablet. The memory stick works fine on my laptop. My USB connector works fine on the tablet with a USB mouse (I don't use the mouse, I just used it to check the connector was ok).

However, when I connect the memory stick to the tablet with the connector it tells me that the memory stick is damaged.

Has anyone come across this problem before, and, if so, is there a solution? Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RichardSeq

RichardSeq Member

Hello,
    Have you tried USB Debug Mode in Settings? How about the drive's file system? Is it formatted as FAT32? For the most part I connect my drives on my mobile phones and tablets and they connect as drives.

3. MrsSB

MrsSB Lurker

Thanks. I just tried USB debug mode but with no luck, it still tells me the USB device is damaged. I'll try to find out about the drive's file system (don't actually know how to do this - I'm not at all techy!) but will "investigate", lol.

4. thequeenscheese

thequeenscheese Android Expert

just copy from stick to pc then to tab?, or try winscp - for wifi copy to tab

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews