1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Memory Storage getting Low.. whats up?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by abel2, Aug 26, 2010.

1. abel2

abel2 New Member

Aug 26, 2010
    So I've had my phone for about 5 months now and it works pretty good for what I want it to do, but in the past month I've been getting alot of random notifications about my phones memory getting extremely low.

The first time this happened, I deleted alot of useless apps and cleared out my text message folder and reset. Ok, fine, that worked a dandy, but then a few weeks later the damned notification popped up again. Yet I hadn't downloaded any new apps.

Now it's saying I cannot even send a single text message, even though my message folder is completely empty.

My question is, why is this happening. What the hell is this phone storing on itself that I cannot seem to find and erase. Just for note: here is what I usually do with my eris. Make calls, rarely text, browse the web, and tether it at home, alot.

I'm wondering if it's storing internet junk, and if so how do I delete it? Because eventually I'll have to delete all apps and start working on android progs which would be a pain in the ass.

Advertisement

2. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    need to clear your apps cache.... got to settings>applications>manage applications. hit the menu and sort by size. take a look at the big ones at the top of the list and click "clear cache" good luck...