1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Memory

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Josh Stjohn, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Josh Stjohn

Josh Stjohn Newbie

Can anyone tell me how to get my phone ram down a little bit. I only have 348mbs Left on my phone ram which has4gbs.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

So what? The core principle of Linux RAM management is "free RAM is wasted RAM". The phone will, by design, keep the RAM usage high, such as by keeping frequently or recently used apps dormant in RAM. That way when you want to open them they are already loaded, which saves both time and energy. Conversely closing and reloading them (the effect of using a "RAM booster" app) actually slows the phone down and uses more energy.

If the phone needs the RAM for something else it will clear the space. The best thing you can do is just ignore it and stop worrying. You aren't running Windows 95 here (poor RAM management by Microsoft seems to be the root cause of a lot of misunderstanding about RAM usage).

svim, ocnbrze and lunatic59 like this.
  3. svim

svim Extreme Android User

I agree with @Hadron Your phone's RAM isn't something you should interact with directly, when you do it's much more likely to just mess something up and/or just make your phone work harder than it needs to. Then Android memory management is more sophisticated at what it does than you are, so it's almost always better to not micromanage any of the processes and things running in the background.

Hadron likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews