• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rossco_Pee

Android Enthusiast
Dec 8, 2009
Iowa
Hi guys,

---I have been noticing that my droid has been slowing down lately. I checked my advanced app killer at it says that I have 40M available when I have only a few apps running. It used to be around 80M. I have cleared cache from the browser and other apps. How much memory is needed to run these phones smoothly? How much total memory is on the phone? I have really enjoyed this site. I think I would be lost without it.

Ross

For it make a difference how many are installed even though they are not running?

That all depends on if we are talking about RAM or ROM. If we are talking about actual RAM then it would not make a difference. If we are talking about ROM then it would. Since he/she is talking about clearing the cache I would normally assume that we are talking about ROM. Since the apps reside on the ROM, the number of installed apps will effect the available free memory.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones