1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tips Memory

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MidshipAc, Aug 5, 2013.

1. MidshipAc

MidshipAc Well-Known Member

What size SD Cards are y'all using?

I have a 4gb and one day I ran into a "Not enough Memory" pop up. One nandroid took up like 1.7 GB. I tried to keep a stock nand as well as a nand for the DS ROM but I didn't have enough memory. Right now I keep the DS Nand on the SD card and the stock on the computer.

Also I like to keep a lot of music on my phone.

Advertisement

2. donjuro

donjuro Android Expert

Store both nandroids on your computer. If you ever need one it can still be transfered to your sd via recovery menu.
    Oh and I have a 32 gig class 10 ultra
    Go big or go home

MidshipAc likes this.
  3. MidshipAc

How do you transfer it in cwmr?

4. 2prevail

2prevail Android Enthusiast

I think he means that when you transfer the file back to your phone it will display in CWM again (correct me if I'm wrong). But remember, if you don't want to save the file to your PC you can always save it to Google Drive, delete the file from your phone, then really download it when you need it.

Oh ya, 32GB Class 10. Like Donjuro said, go big or go home

5. sonicbluemustang

sonicbluemustang Android Enthusiast

16g here, and videos from the camera can become large quick a five minute vid can be 500megs. at the end of each year I move them off.

6. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

I'm using a Samsung 32gb. Class 10 sd card.

Sent from my N9100

7. donjuro

donjuro Android Expert

In cwm, you mount the sd card and enable USB, your phone should show up on your computer as a storage unit, there you can transfer your files.
    Oh and mines is a 32 GB class 10 ULTRA to be exact.

8. jarin12ga

jarin12ga Member

I'm running a 2G card with problems!!I don't have a crazy amount of apps ,but I do have alot!!Phone runs slick!

9. donjuro

donjuro Android Expert

Time to upgrade jar. Sd cards are very cheap now a days. Even if it's an 8. 2 is just ridiculously small.

MidshipAc likes this.
  10. sonicbluemustang

My daughter come to me the other day complaining that her phone(Motorola Photon Q) stopped logging her calls. She only had a 4gig card and it was maxed out, so I took some of her pics off and voila it started logging again. Lesson learned. I am the phone god in my neck of the woods. :)

11. MidshipAc

Lol gj sonic. and yeah I remember an 16GB card was around $8.00 at best buy. This was probably 6 months ago. Gotta get one next time I head to best buy or when I get my checking account I'll just buy it online

12. MidshipAc

Nvm I was wrong. Went to wallgreens and saw a 4gb SD card for $33

13. donjuro

donjuro Android Expert

33? That's ridiculous. I bought a 32 GB class 10 ultra for 35.

14. sonicbluemustang

16g at walmart $14.88