1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root memstick problems during flash

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 20phileagles, Mar 4, 2011.

1. 20phileagles

20phileagles Newbie
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    HTC Inc used UnRevoked 3 and had no problems and also copied the whole sd card to my desktop (still have everything I think). I tried to flash Skyraider 3.5. I did a nandroid backup and thought I did everything right. After reboot I cant get past the HTC boot logo. I can get into Clockwork mod but cant get past boot. It seems like my sd card was removed before writing was complete. Before I go any further and really screw something up, please tell me what I should do. Tried to run unrevoked again and I get:
    Device"/sbin/sh:getprop: not found" not supported at this time.
    Did I lose a file somehow.
    When I try to restore, clockwork cant open dir. no files found:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

UPDATE:
    I managed to get a backup thank God
    What I don't understand is why cant I install SkyRaider? Virtuous and Cyanogen work fine but Skyraider installs and when I reboot, it just stays on the white HTC logo. I run Skyraider on my phone but my wife wants it on hers know and I cant get it. Both are Droid Incs 2.2. Also, I notice the clockwork is orange and I had problems with that on my phone so I set it back to the green one when I upgraded to Skyraider 3.5 and everything was fine. I cant seem to find that option on my wifes phone.

Advertisement

2. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    Sales
    Massachusetts
    The orange version is CWM 3, the green is 2. Not all ROMs play nice with version 3 yet. Version 3 is basically for gingerbread, but some developers are upgrading to make their ROMs work. You can d/l the app ROM Manager (if it's not in wifey's app drawer already) and go to update ClockworkMod Recovery. I don't know exactly where it is in RM because I don't use it, but look around and you should be able to find it. For what it's worth, I'm still using version 2 and I know a lot of people who are as well. If it ain't broke...

Hope this helps

20phileagles likes this.