1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General menu apps moving

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by daz_ep2, Jul 28, 2011.

1. daz_ep2

daz_ep2 Lurker
    None

Jul 28, 2011
    hi im new to this tread but iv had my arc since it first came out n i love it but there is one problem that annoys me which is when i have arranged all my app icons in the menu to how i want them now n then when i go in to the menu all the apps i positioned have moved to the last screen especialy the apps i have downloaded has anyone else had this problem any anyone know a solution

Advertisement

2. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Android Expert
    None

Jun 14, 2011
    Unfortunately this will happen if the handset is powered off then on as the handset can not remember the application arrangement you have made when this happens. At this stage I am not aware of a way around this.

3. jonmorris

jonmorris Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 6, 2010
    Journalist
    UK
    While the SE launcher is quite slick, it's pretty rubbish at the same time for a number of reasons:

• It forgets the arrangement of applications
    • It doesn't seem to run at a high enough priority so regularly restarts when you've dared to use the phone!
    • It forgets your chosen layout view (I got for A-Z) sometimes, which is annoying
    • It can slow down and stutter for no reason
    • It can sometimes make widgets disappear, but they're still there (just invisible) which means you must hold and select an empty box on the grid, drag it to trash, before you can either restore the widget or put something else there instead!

I think I'm going to have to go back to using something like ADW.Launcher, but I am prepared to wait until I get the recent update that added landscape support and themes, purely as I hope this may address some of the above problems.