• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Menu bars at top for paid apps missing for market in 2.2

rushmore

Extreme Android User
Nov 13, 2008
Kentucky
I just noticed that market options are missing (Skyraider 2.52 Sense).

Only "top free" and "Just in" are options on the top. No paid apps, but some show in the "Just in". I thought there we supposed to be no market problems with these roms?

edit:

They appeared now. Took about seven hours, but they appeared.

Well, I can't vouch for other roms, but....

4917675687_b28952c12e_b.jpg

Frankenrom b6.

Upvote 0
Well, I can't vouch for other roms, but....

4917675687_b28952c12e_b.jpg

Frankenrom b6.

I wanted to try yours, but I was not sure if the internal emmc memory was allocated like stock (748mb for apps and 6.6gb for media).

I also had concerns with an overclocked kernel. Still, you have all apps showing and I do not. I am wondering two things right now- what causes this and why have others not said anything about it?

Upvote 0
I am guessing a screwy theme would do that, but I am not for certain.

As for kernels:

I don't overclock my kernel, so no worries there.
As for allocation, its the exact same as stock.

The reason there is only 6.6gb was explained to me by Shadowmite of Unrevoked last night on IRC:

/data and /cache reside on the internal storage.

Upvote 0
I am guessing a screwy theme would do that, but I am not for certain.

As for kernels:

I don't overclock my kernel, so no worries there.
As for allocation, its the exact same as stock.

The reason there is only 6.6gb was explained to me by Shadowmite of Unrevoked last night on IRC:

/data and /cache reside on the internal storage.

First of all (you rock)!

Second, the paid apps now have suddenly popped up at the top... Market needed to update to the new OS version?

Third, I thought that since your rom was EVO based, it would not allocate correctly (EVO does not have emmc). I also must be reading posts wrong thinking you OC'd a kernel.

Fourth, Yes! I understand about the 8gb being allocated as 748mb for third party apps and 6.6gb for media :) I was one of the people trying to explain that when the Inc first came out. Many people were confused that the OS and stock roms are on the 512mb rom and the third party apps go on the 748mb.

BTW, HUGE thanks for the 2.15 radio :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones