• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

menu button not always working

james_uk

Android Enthusiast
May 27, 2010
Hi, i have a HTC Desire, had it about 13 months, my contract ends in Jan, although i can renew my phone in oct, i did have insurance on my phone but took it off about 6 weeks ago and just within the last 2 weeks i have noticed the menu button has been sticking a lot, sometimes i press it to exit out of apps etc and nothin happens, i am finding i am having to press it harder and sometimes 2 or 3 times before it will work.

I am not sure what orange would say if i added my insurance back on then phoned and reported this issue, would they say im not allowed to make a claim so early after renewing my insurance?

or is there anything i can do to clean the button to help it?

James

Generally insurance wouldn't cover this unless you dropped (or say you dropped) the handset. This should be a free under warranty repair regardless of insurance cover. If you did drop it or get the phone wet etc then the warranty doesn't cover it. So long as the phone doesn't show signs of abuse you're covered.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones