1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Menu key problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by liketoeat, Sep 2, 2011.

1. liketoeat

liketoeat Lurker

Hey guys, i just realised that the menu key (left of the homekey ) is dimmer than the back key. This problem is especially visible in places where there is light. Does anyone else experience this issue?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. txwolf1980

txwolf1980 Android Enthusiast

Chances are it's a manufacturer defect. Samsung puts a grey strip under the front of the case over the capacitive buttons. The strip may have been double layered. It shouldn't have any effect on the performance, but if it bothers you, you can probably get a replacement phone.

3. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

lol read my post again and didn't make too much sense so try again. How dim? If you can see it don't worry mate. Trust me this phone has more quirks than that yet I still love it

4. liketoeat

liketoeat Lurker

Thanks everyone for all your help! Currently this problem is visible under lit conditions but it is almost negligible in the dark. I can easily live with this issue but my fear is that it will get worse over time.

I don't wish to send it for repair because i'm scared that another problem might just pop out. One good example was with my old nokia where i send it for repair when i realized that the sliding mechanism was scratching the phone's keypad a little. After i got it repaired, tons of new problems started coming out such as the phone often hanged, the phone could not read sd cards, the phone could not play music, etc......

Thus, i do not wish to send the phone for repair unless necessary. So i would like to seek your opinion on whether repairing it would be necessary. Thanks alot in advance!

To txwolf1980: If i send my phone for repair, will they simply remove the extra strip or will they change the whole phone?

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews