1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Menu not functioning properly

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by SPFreely, Jun 20, 2016.

1. SPFreely

SPFreely Lurker
    None

Jun 20, 2016
    Male
    Hello all, I am currently encountering a problem with how the Menu behaves on my Alba android tablet. Tablet specs are as follows:
    Model Number: Alba 7" Tablet
    Android Version: 5.0.1
    Kernal version: 3.10.54

The layout looks like the following:

[​IMG]

To gain access to all my apps a separate window (accessed via circular icon with 6 dots) is brought up where I scroll sideways to go through the menu. However, one thing I used to be able to do is tap any blank area on the menu and exit it. Now I cannot seem to do this and I have to hit the home button to exit. This problem seemed to arise after installing and uninstalling a theme on my tablet. I have tried several factory resets, but the problem seems to remain. Has anyone encountered anything like this before and does anyone have any suggestions? My fear is this that this could be one of many problems I have yet to encounter.

Advertisement

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    Hi

When you press the 6dot icon, you go to the app drawer. It is normal to press the back, or home buttons to exit this (or select an app of course). Pressing an empty space in the app drawer normally does nothing.

scary alien likes this.
  3. SPFreely

SPFreely Lurker
    None

Jun 20, 2016
    Male
    Okay, if you're absolutely certain. I have always been concerned about the menu working properly ever since I had to rollback an update to Google which caused terrible lag. Thanks for putting my fears to rest :D. A quick question though, would tapping anywhere outside the drawer minimize it? Because this doesn't happen either.

4. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    Usually the app drawer is full screen, so I'm not sure where else you could tap. I always use the back button to leave it without opening an app.

5. SPFreely

SPFreely Lurker
    None

Jun 20, 2016
    Male
    Fair enough. I guess I am worrying unnecessarily. I have to say this tablet is pretty fragile, both physically and internally, which is why I have relegated it to work use. Many thanks for your help!

Additional: I have realized why I initially thought I could close the tray by tapping anywhere on the screen. It appears when I update to the latest version of Google, it shrinks the tray so you can tap the area around it to close. However, with that comes the lag, so ultimately I am opting out of this. Many thanks again for your help.

#5 SPFreely, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016