1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Menu wrap-around in Marshmallow?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ltlrags, Mar 12, 2016.

1. ltlrags

ltlrags Newbie

My S5 with Lolipop had menu wrap-around -- where the last page of a menu would wrap around to the first page if I kept swiping the same direction -- but Marshmallow doesn't do that on my S7 (T-Mobile, if it matters). Does anyone know how to change this? This happens with the home screens and the app list.

2. bIOforger

bIOforger Android Expert

Touchwiz in either Lollipop or Marshmallow doesn't have wrap around functionality in the homescreens or app drawer. So were you using a different launcher like Nova on your S5? because that does have that option.

ltlrags likes this.
  3. ltlrags

ltlrags Newbie

How do I find out which launcher my S5 has? I didn't realize there were options. If you have to root to switch launchers, then I probably had the default, or perhaps T-Mobile chose one other than touchwiz.

#3 ltlrags, Mar 12, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  4. Yesevil

Yesevil Android Enthusiast

Your S5 if it was stock will have had TouchWiz on it as all Samsungs do.
    You would need to download a new Launcher like Nova to get the effect that you want

5. bIOforger

bIOforger Android Expert

No you don't have to root to use a launcher and i doubt t-mobile would have installed one. You must have done it and forgotten about it maybe? Check your apps, for Nova or Apex or i dunno there's loads of launchers available lol.

6. bIOforger

bIOforger Android Expert

On your S5 goto settings/applications/default applications and see whats listed under "Home Screen"

7. ltlrags

ltlrags Newbie

Sweet! I installed Nova Premium and enabled the infinite scroll. Perfect. Also love the ability to hide apps (which was taken away in Marshmallow) and to customize gestures.

#7 ltlrags, Mar 12, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
    bIOforger likes this.
  8. bIOforger

bIOforger Android Expert

Nice one :) You can also have an infinite scrolling multi page dock as well if you didn't know.

9. ltlrags

ltlrags Newbie

I did see that, but I like the simplicity of a single dock with the option to have several screens of widgets/shortcuts. Nova gave me the flexibility to do it all. Thanks for the recommendation.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews