• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Merge Batttery

From all the research I've been doing not much. I've had the Merge almost 30 days now and have to say I'm on the fence as whether I should keep it or can it. If your in an area of lower reception make sure ot keep your hand away from the bottom left side of the phone around the charger area...that seems to cause the phone to lose reception. I typically get about 6 good hours of battery before my phone is getting down to 15%...I do live and work in an area of bad reception though.

If you have email accounts set up on the phone you can set them to check for messages at longer intervals...or do away with the HTC mail app and just use the gmail app which is push. Limit the number of widgets you have that are constantly looking for updates...such as news and weather widgets.

Download a power control panel widget to help control the backlight on your screen.

The phone isn't able to be rooted at this point so there aren't a whole lot of options. I have a car charger and a charger at my desk so basically anywhere I go the phone is plugged in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones