1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Merged contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by politzer, Mar 29, 2012.

1. politzer

politzer Well-Known Member

On ICS in contacts I'm finding contacts being merged where the names of the contacts are the same. I've renamed them in Outlook which is where i manage contacts. Only one of the contacts on the device shows the new name - and the data is still merged.

If i delete the merged contact on the device, how can i be sure it won't delete on Outlook. Then wouldn't it just resync correctly?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. TheyCallMeBT

TheyCallMeBT Android Enthusiast

Are you using an Exchange server and that is what is sync'ing the contacts?

3. neil154

neil154 Android Enthusiast

I am using pop accounts and have same issue. The only way I can seem to resolve the issue is to edit the contact then menu then separate but it seems to be necessary to do one at a time (I have a Bionic and am guessing this is an Android issue)

4. politzer

I'm not sure I'm using an Exchange server, although I'm guessing yes. The account was added under EMail, not Corporate Account. The emails are managed through Outlook Connector which allows me to add or delete them in Outlook, even though they belong to the Hotmail account. I don't know if that has an impact on how they sync.

5. politzer

I've had it set up this way for many months and it's only now just having the problem. I previously did not have any duplicates - it's only since i deleted the account and readded it that I've started seeing this.

6. neil154

Thanks for the reply but at this point Motorola has said they are aware of the problem and essentially do not have a fix

7. politzer

I'm on Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I don't think it's a hardware issue. I'm guessing ICS issue maybe.

8. neil154

It is a Android issue but not just ICS. My Bionic is still using Gingerbread.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews