• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Merged contacts

politzer

Nov 19, 2011
On ICS in contacts I'm finding contacts being merged where the names of the contacts are the same. I've renamed them in Outlook which is where i manage contacts. Only one of the contacts on the device shows the new name - and the data is still merged.

If i delete the merged contact on the device, how can i be sure it won't delete on Outlook. Then wouldn't it just resync correctly?

I'm not sure I'm using an Exchange server, although I'm guessing yes. The account was added under EMail, not Corporate Account. The emails are managed through Outlook Connector which allows me to add or delete them in Outlook, even though they belong to the Hotmail account. I don't know if that has an impact on how they sync.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones