• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unforgiven

...eschew obfuscation...
Administrator
  • Jun 23, 2010
    Douglas, MA
    In anticipation of the release of new Samsung Galaxy Nexus devices, the Verizon Galaxy Nexus forum has been folded into the general Samsung Galaxy Nexus forum. This gives us one area for posting non root Galaxy Nexus threads.

New device / carrier specific All Things Root sections have been created (or moved) for the particular device variants.

• (International) Galaxy Nexus - All Things Root
    • (Verizon) Galaxy Nexus - All Things Root
    • (T-Mobile) Galaxy Nexus - All Things Root
    • (Sprint) Galaxy Nexus - All Things Root
    Please use the same prefixes as you have in the past. If a tip, question, or accessory applies to only one variant, please note that parenthetically in the thread title. For example:
    (LTE) Car Dock - if the car dock you are mentioning is available only for lte devices.

For anyone having issues updating their favorite forums list (I had both forums in favorites), here is a workaround.

1. Hit Edit in the Favorite Forums box
    2. Unselect "Samsung Galaxy Nexus" and click Save
    3. Reselect "Samsung Galaxy Nexus" and click Save
    This should take care of the issues. It did for me.

Upvote 0
    I'm confused as to why there's a T-Mobile sub forum..? The Galaxy Nexus isn't subsidized by T-Mobile. I know the International (GSM) variant of the phone works fine on T-Mobile, but it also works just as well on AT&T (due to the pentaband GSM radio), so if you're going to have a T-Mobile sub forum, why not have an AT&T one too?

Sorry, I know it may sound stupid to ask, I'm just thinking out loud. :)

Reactions: jbdan
    Upvote 0
    I agree, it's hard to tell what's VZW-related and what's not unless the poster is good about indicating which they have in the title.
    +1

Might it be better to have two forums for general and root (similar to how it was) but instead of tying it to carriers, you could specify hardware by GSM and CDMA/LTE?

The issue I see is posts discussing VZW-specific issues like the dropped mic error that I came to check on today. ;)

Reactions: sophocles
    Upvote 0
    The issue I see is posts discussing VZW-specific issues like the dropped mic error that I came to check on today. ;)

Ugh, I'm starting to think the dropped mic problem is hardware and not software. It's not happening as often as I'd expect if it were software. :( I'm going to post a poll and see if the mic muting thing is a VZW-specific issue or what. I hope it's not hardware, as I went through a bunch of these just to get one without a crappy screen and without the radio hardware problem causing it to reset all the radios frequently. sigh.

Upvote 0
    I agree, it's hard to tell what's VZW-related and what's not unless the poster is good about indicating which they have in the title.

I agree. I prefer the way it was organized before. Now we just have the big general forum on nexus plus root section for each carrier one, and often it's hard to tell whether OP is talking about GSM or verizon, sprint one.

I'd rather have it like GSM general section and Verizon, Sprint sections. Root topics can be included in each of them.

Upvote 0
    I agree. I prefer the way it was organized before. Now we just have the big general forum on nexus plus root section for each carrier one, and often it's hard to tell whether OP is talking about GSM or verizon, sprint one.

I'd rather have it like GSM general section and Verizon, Sprint sections. Root topics can be included in each of them.

Me too. I didn't want to say anything because I've already been dubbed a complainer, but it was easier to find VZW specific info before. The odd thing is, originally there was one forum and it was split-up with the VZW variant release. Another carrier comes on board and then reverts back to single board? I like the GSM/CDMA idea. Are the two CDMA devices identical spec-wise?

Upvote 0
    Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones