1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Merit] AOSP Roamer exists!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Motorhead1991, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Motorhead1991

Motorhead1991 Android Expert

After a year of research, writing, trials and other such nonsense, I finally managed to build and boot a fully AOSP based ROM for the Z990.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, there's a lack of any radio (GSM, WiFi, BT) but I got it this far, the rest of you now have a place to take it :)

As an added bonus, I managed to boot this:
    [​IMG].

If the rest of you want it, come by AA51 or build it yourself :).

zajchik likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cwwilson721

cwwilson721 Well-Known Member

Nice job.

Keep it going, Motorhead1991!

3. Motorhead1991

You can check the timestamps on my device tree if you must (the one in the pic is behind, 12 08 2013)

I don't care about the personal drama between you two but take it up in private :p.

Also, check out my data space. No scripts, no apps, just core system changes:
    [​IMG]

4. Motorhead1991

Got CM7 to "boot". The framebuffer is f#%ked though, something's not communicating properly.

5. stayboogy

stayboogy Android Expert

i'm glad you got something going.

i updated my device source, you might take a look at it. a few minor changes to blob dependencies and board config changes.

i'm beginning to wonder if newer toolchains are needed, but the newer ones have always caused tons of build errors in my experience.

***i saw on your github sources that you had hdpi settings from the blade in your device files. the avail/merit is mdpi. that might help with your graphics issues***

ZTE Merit Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews