1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Merit] Cannot out rooting process.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xer0615, Dec 26, 2012.

1. xer0615

xer0615 Newbie

Ive been trying for a week or two now, and have two people who told me they would easily be able to help me figure it otu (as they have rooted several of their own devices with no trouble) and I canot for the life of
    me get this to work.

I have tried the more streamlined guides with no success, so I started following this step-by-step guide

http://androidforums.com/zte-t-avai...90g-merit-internal-space-sd-card-rooting.html

I got to the point where they had me type
    Cd..
    ad devices

in the command prompt, and in the spot where it showed the list of attached devices it listed nothing... Is there something I am doing wrong?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. out of ideas

out of ideas Android Enthusiast

Did you enable USB debugging

3. xer0615

xer0615 Newbie

As stated, I followed the step by step instructions in that htread to the T. even had my uncle who has done this multiple times on his own devices, and is a high level IT employee for.. arguably the largest cell phone provider int he nation take a crack at it (In short: he knows what he's doing) and he couldnt figure it out.

4. out of ideas

out of ideas Android Enthusiast

Its not reading your phone. under that attached devices it should have some letters and number like P0785_TU or something. if it doesn't have anything you're not connected.

I asked if you enabled usb debugging. go in settings/applications/development and check the box for it.

I wouldnt follow that thread, there's a better one here http://androidforums.com/merit-all-things-root/566407-root-zte-z990g-merit-avail-variant.html

Its written by the guy who rooted the merit. Easier to follow.

5. kingmt

kingmt Android Enthusiast

Also. The drivers loaded?

ZTE Merit Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews