• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Merit] Complete ZTE Merit Guide: Root, Flash Recovery and Install New ROM (with links)

I tried adb push su /system/xbin/su and got "cannot stat 'su' :No such file or directory."
Then I tried adb push C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\tools\su>/system/xbin/su and got "The system cannot find the path specified."

I think its in the same directory but I honestly can't tell. I did the whole "open command prompt here" so I got the right location. I have no idea what I'm doing, just trying to follow directions until something like this comes up.

Upvote 0
Ok I am going to continue in this thread my issues I know this threads OP is not the actual author of the one.three rom and I think it is the one.three I am having issues with.
Ok if I am wrong here or doing something wrong please anyone let me know please so I can stop this from happening.
The issue is my phone sometimes not always but only sometimes changes up on me like the wallpaper changes the theme changes. Now I cant remember what I was doing the first few times this has happened but this time I know I was clearing out cached data through settings and going through everyone of the items to clear phone storage when I was done everything I had before was gone and those changes mentioned above happened I did a back up right after I initially completed the mod and had everything set up on my phone the way I wanted it thinking that that if this weird event happened again which it has so I went into the recovery mode and did a restore only to find out it did not work for me. Is there something I am doing wrong? What can I do to stop this from happening?

Upvote 0
i keep running into reboot: operation not permitted on CMD shell, i cannot for the life of me figure out why,probably because i have no clue what i am doing, but still, lol.

I got to this step as well. I see no solution posted to this problem. Please help!

Attachments

• RootHelp.JPG
    RootHelp.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 57
Upvote 0
I tried rooting my merit lastnight and since I'm new to rooting it didn't work, so I tried again is it okay for when I put the codes in for it to say file already exists, if it's not how do I delete those files, and I'm new to unzipping folders, so i downloaded 7zip and just click extract and it makes a new folder, when I download the su one and extracted it and put it in my c drive after following through the instructions it says on the command prompt that it does not exist? how do I fix this, sorry if this is too much xx

Upvote 0
It is ok forvthe files to exist, that just means you don't need to rewrite them. As for su, is it the binary file itself or a folder? If it's the binary (it won't show anythibg on the icon, but a blank paper), move it to the same directory as adb, then try pushing it again.

I guess it's binary (I'm completely new to this) here's a screen shot of what it looks like su file location | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

what do you mean by move it to the same directory?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones