• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Merit] [ROM] DEODEXED Stock Merit (update.zip)

i would guess a bad download. i've never seen a status 2. Ive seen 0, 6 and 7. google doesnt seem to find much either.

google isn't the authority concerning android info. in fact it's lacking like the rest of the net is concerning android information. if you want to learn about it you must dive into the source code...

status 2 i've seen several times, but i've never really figured out what it is definitely. even looking at the source i can't tell you 100% what it means. my experience leads me to believe it is a corrupted file error of some kind. i've gotten it when the whole file didn't get copied to the sdcard before i rebooted the phone using a linux box.

status 7 is the wrong api update-binary and status 6 is failing signature verification i believe.

Upvote 0
I'm a pretty firm believer that if it exists and you know how to look for it , google is gonna find it. I ended up on a chinese development bbs to finally get that swipe to remove working. still cant find a damn smali guide though

7s could be if you are using AOSP binary mount language on a stock update script.(like if I used your mount language on my binary it wouldnt work.) i also get 6s for lots of dumb little stuff(not switching EOL to UNIX, forgetting a ;, and stuff like that.)

2 being a corrupted error makes sense.

Upvote 0
system folders in action
Im already rooted and trying to delete apps. when im in the system app the icons appear. But then when I hold press the icon such as facebook and select delete a message appears "cannot be deleted". Ive also installed ES filer explorer. Am I missing something??? I just installed ES task manager and still unable to delete unwanted apps??

Upvote 0
I updated the binary. message reads: downloading manifest..okay!
parsing manifest okay!
latest version 3.1.1
checking installed version 3.0.3.2
unpacking sutools okay!
checking current install path /system/xbin/su
downloading new binary okay!
gaining root access okay!
remounting /system as rw okay!
copying su to /system fail!
It says to try again. then from the last message: copying su to /system changes to okay!
changing su file mode to 06755 okay!
making sure su works fail!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones