• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Merit] [ROOT] ZTE z990g Merit (An avail variant?)

I am rooted, and back to 'stock' rom - I've now discovered that whenever I try to use the camera I get "The application Camera (process com.android.camera) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I have rebooted and tried again and again. do I need to reinstall something to get the camera working you think?

everything else seems to work fine, rooting is in place, etc. thanks!

Upvote 0
This is what I did

I had to add a step for my phone

I did everything just like Jcase said up till the

adb remount step

after I typed adb remount
and hit enter

I then added this line
mv /system/xbin/su /system/xbin/su-old

then

follow the rest of the regular directions

adb push su /system/xbin/su
adb shell chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su
adb shell chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su

then

adb shell rm /data/local.prop
adb shell rm -r /data/local/logs

then

adb reboot

install super user
and root checker basic if you want to verify root !

HOPE THIS HELPS

Upvote 0
Adb still doesnt recognize my phone. Yes the drivers are installed. Yes its on debug. Yes i had ssdk manager open. When i went to command prompt and typed adb shell it says no device connected. What i really wanna know is once its rooted can i make a hotspot. My daughter goes to high school online and i recently lost my job so i cant afford internet. Was hoping this could be a soloution. I desperately need help figuring this out. Can someone do it remotely for me cuz i sure am having problems lol. Sorry to sound like such a sad case

Upvote 0
when i got to the reboot: permission denied i tried just powering it off manually and then when i reconnected to my USB port and ran 'adb shell' it was rooted (Wtf???) oh well whatever.

i caution anyone reading the other thread...not sure why but my ZTE Merit didn't like the one.three ROM one bit. it seems to lock up at the new splash screen with ATT logo. i had to restore my stock. works fine now

Upvote 0
First off, thank you very much for the info! I was able to root my net10 z990g. However, even after doing a factory reset, wiping the cache, a different rom, clockwork mod restore, It will make calls but receive no data. Wifi, bluetooth etc is fine. So my question is, how do I reverse this process and UNROOT it. Because I need to return it back to stock. Thanks again!

Upvote 0
First off, thank you very much for the info! I was able to root my net10 z990g. However, even after doing a factory reset, wiping the cache, a different rom, clockwork mod restore, It will make calls but receive no data. Wifi, bluetooth etc is fine. So my question is, how do I reverse this process and UNROOT it. Because I need to return it back to stock. Thanks again!

unrooting is not going to fix your problem

most likely you have some permission issues.

i'll send you a link in a pm for an update.zip that will unroot you if that is what you want

Reactions: d1g1man
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones