1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Merits of Kobo Zinio in Readers Hub

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DaveSyd, Sep 11, 2011.

1. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Australia
    Hi there,
    I have been looking at Readers Hub lately. PressDisplay I can see the merits of buying my normal newspaper while I am away travelling on the odd occasion.

Can someone tell me whether Kobo and Zinio are any good? I know there are alternatives in the market but they are already installed. I must admit I am a little tied of apps making me sign up for yet another account to get access to their library and yet another site wanting my email address and yet another password login for me to manage (BTW PressDisplay does not require an account)!! Has anyone been through this and come out the side - are they worth giving away your details for?!

Advertisement

2. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

kobo and zinio are really good apps. both have good free content, and its easy enough to buy content if u want too. kobo is right up there with kindle, and some even say its better. i think kobo actually looks better, but i use both (i then search both stores for free titles before i buy :D) zinio also has some good free content, and loads of titles to buy.. both are really good, in my opinion..

not sure about giving my details, u just need an email address for the account, its fairly straightforward, doesnt take more than a minute, and u do it just once

pressdisplay was the only one i had trouble with, i wasnt able to purchase newspapers easily, and there's 0 free content after 7 free trial issues.. but if purchases work for u, then it should be easy enough. readers hub is the only samsung hub that i havent frozen :D all 3 apps are very good, especially kobo and zinio which are great

DaveSyd likes this.
  3. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Australia
    Thanks Heshanj I will give them a try then!!