1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Merry Christmas AF Family

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by olbriar, Dec 24, 2019.

1. olbriar

olbriar  
    Moderator Thread Starter

I hope that you enjoy the holiday season with family and friends. Thank You for adding a level of pleasure to my life that I can not put into words. I feel blessed to have crossed your path. Be safe in your travels and may the holiday season be a memorable experience for each of you.

Steven58, MoodyBlues, ocnbrze and 5 others like this.
  2. maire5

maire5 Well-Known Member

Same greetings to you and all who participate here!

ocnbrze, MrJavi, TWERKER and 2 others like this.
  3. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

Best of the holiday wishes, briar, and to everyone else on the forum.

4. Bearsyzf

Bearsyzf Android Expert

Thank you @olbriar , i hope everyone enjoys their Christmas.

5. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

I'll drink to that! Cheers everyone and stay safe this holiday season

6. Milo Willamson

Milo Willamson Android Expert

::: blinks::: Relly am I part of this family?

7. Billtunew

Billtunew Member

Merry Christmas, all you guys

8. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Merry Christmas everyone!!! :)

9. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Happy Holidays to all
    [​IMG]

10. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Merry Christmas my friends. Wishing you all a happy holiday season.

olbriar and ocnbrze like this.
  11. tommo47

tommo47 On Yer Bike, In Yer Chair
    VIP Member

Couldn't put it better myself, wouldn't even try.

Merry Christmas everybody :D.

olbriar and ocnbrze like this.
  12. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Merry Xmas to all my AF family.

i have one question:
    is it too early to be drinking bourbon? it's damn cold here in LA!!!!!! and i need something to warm me up. i'm was gonna use the bourbon for my cider glaze i'm gonna be making for my pork rib rack, but i needed something to warm me up.....LOL

now i know that my being cold is not the same as the cold some of y'all are having elsewhere in the world, so i hope y'all keep warm. have a drink to keep you warm......it's on me;):cool::rob:

#12 ocnbrze, Dec 25, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    MrJavi, olbriar and tommo47 like this.
  13. Milo Willamson

Ya know it is acutally pretty nice, around fifty today, so I am not going to complain on the weather :)

14. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

looks like someone had fun for xmas:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this looks like a stuffed animal massacre........LOL my dog is a killer!!!!!!!

MrJavi, tommo47 and olbriar like this.
  15. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

Thanks, @olbriar, for so nicely putting into words exactly how I feel.

It's great being a part of this family.

Hope you're all having a good day!

16. Milo Willamson

Add to @olbriar's posts: No matter what life throws at us, it is our own deep emotional connection, as time flies so our heighten emotion, as we grow even closer and closer, no matter what the cost is. We feel for each other on a deeper connection. :)

MrJavi and ocnbrze like this.
  17. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Feliz Navidad!

MrJavi, ocnbrze and olbriar like this.
  18. Steven58

I hope it was a happy one for you, my friends!

MrJavi and olbriar like this.
  19. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

The only gift I got on Christmas Day was the warm and fuzzy feeling I get from knowing I have influenced the positive aspects of the children that have lived with me. No wrapping paper this year.

MrJavi and olbriar like this.
  20. olbriar

olbriar  
    Moderator Thread Starter

This was the first year that we didn't exchange gifts with my kids. They are all grown with kids. We gifted the grandchildren and the great grandchildren and were done. I received nothing and that's exactly what I wanted and needed. I got to spend some quality time with most all of my family... what more could a man want? It was the best Christmas ever.

On a side note: I had to visit Walmart a couple of days after Christmas. I was shopping in the electronics area that's near where they had compiled all of the returned merchandise. I was amazed at the 20+ heaping baskets full of returned Christmas gifts they had parked back there. I've never returned a gift but I've received plenty that I wanted to. It's impossible to buy for other people and it's impossible for them to buy for me. I get it. The solution is to stop the nonsense and enjoy the time together.

21. MoodyBlues

VIP Member

I've never returned [or 'regifted'] a gift, @olbriar, and frankly think it's very rude to do so. I've received things I really disliked, but acknowledged them graciously and found some use for them. Like you, I find spending time with loved ones to be much more gratifying than any gift.

For some reason, everyone thinks I want peacock-themed products, and I've received a lot of them. Two in particular are so hideous...but I have no [polite] choice but to display them.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the thought--which is why I never return/regift things.

Some of the peacock things are truly beautiful, but really I just wish I could come up with a non-hurtful way of telling friends/relatives ENOUGH already with the peacock stuff!

Milo Willamson, ocnbrze and MrJavi like this.
  22. olbriar

olbriar  
    Moderator Thread Starter

I still have a wedding gift we received 47 years ago from my closest neighbors while growing up. I haven't a clue what it is. It is a glass orb that is supported by sticks that are somewhat tied together. Whatever it is, it was well received and has out lived all of the more useful gifts from that time. I run across it every decade or so while digging for something. I always think of those wonderful people, like second parents, and think... what the hell.. :)

ocnbrze and MoodyBlues like this.
  23. MoodyBlues

VIP Member

Has the Internet offered any clues? Perhaps if you posted pics, someone may have ideas.
    I hear you. :)

olbriar likes this.
  24. olbriar

olbriar  
    Moderator Thread Starter

I'll run across it again someday and will do a search. I think it's just an ornamental thing of some sort. I can't imagine it having a function but what do I know?

25. MoodyBlues

VIP Member

That reminds me of an I Love Lucy episode. Lucy's supposedly clearing out old stuff, and Ethel picks up this...THING...and asks what it is. Lucy says she doesn't know--but she can't throw it away because she might need it one day...if she ever figures out what it is... :D

ocnbrze and olbriar like this.