1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mesaging suddenly no longer works

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Demoquin, May 21, 2011.

1. Demoquin

Demoquin Newbie

All of a sudden i couldnt receive or send text. I am using handcent and cm7 mod. I remember hearing something about Metroff but i am unsure if that applies in my case. Any takers?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

more info is needed...what rom are you on? what carrier are you with? is you trying to send messages with wifi on? did you delete anything with google in it?

3. Demoquin

Demoquin Newbie

Using Metro PCs (cm7)

I have had cm7 for a few days. It was working fine and all of a sudden i was getting double messages on handcent (not hc and reg msg). I remember fiddling around with the settings and now i cant receive any texts. Wifi is normally always on.

4. nuttmeg

you can try and reset the defualt setting for handcent, but you can always uninstall and delete the folder on the sdcard than reinstall the app and test it, but also you should give go sms pro a try, thats what i use with no issues, and theres more settings in there to customize it also.

5. Demoquin

Demoquin Newbie

i have uninstalled handcent and downloaded what you suggested. Still not working :(

6. nuttmeg

flash the new build and flash gapps, and metro off v1.3 than reboot phone and try using the stock messages and see if the problem is resolve, might just have been in your area, metro tends to mess up something everyday, if its not drop calls or no bars, its either no messages being sent or double messages of the same time comes back to back...

7. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Android Enthusiast

To clarify from the OP, MetrOff is a fix for MMS on MetroPCS Ascends running CM7. It should have no effect on SMS, but you'd still want to flash it.

8. Demoquin

Demoquin Newbie

Wierd ... now it works. I got my own text msg i sent to myself 5 hours late but after that it has been working fine now.

What fixes the double messages?

9. nuttmeg

nope there's no fix for double messages had got 3 and 4 at sometimes, its metro no you.