1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mesmerize Case Molding Concern

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nmwarner, Feb 10, 2011.

1. nmwarner

nmwarner Lurker

My Mesmerize has been working fine and can't really complain aside from that it appears some of the molding is a bit loose. When pressure is applied to a crease (where the battery cover meets the front of the phone) it moves and causes a clicking noise. I doubt I'll eventually return the phone because it hasn't affected performance, but I was wondering if anyone else has this problem? Its most noticeable inbetween the headset jack and the USB port and on the bottom corners. Also, my battery is able to move while in the phone (not severely enough to cause problems) and was wondering if anyone had this problem as well?

I'm assuming that this is a manufacture error but is it common?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Android Expert

I keep mine in a skin, so I have not noticed any issues with fit. I took my skin off, and I looked at the places you specified. Sure, the plastic will flex around the ports if you press down on them. They're made out of plastic, not rigid metal.

The battery also moves slightly within the casing, if you try to move it.

Neither of the things you describe on your phone, if they are within the ranges I saw on my phone, are anything that I would consider an error, manufacturing or otherwise.