1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mesmerize charging time!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mrmesmerize, Feb 6, 2011.

1. mrmesmerize

mrmesmerize Lurker

Is it the norm to have a 4 hr charge time? If so, they need to work on that b/c any other phone I've had would be done after 2 or less...I've tried different things like leaving GPS off and some days it drains my battery with very little texting, surfing in less than an 8 hr shift..and other days it'll last 24 hrs or longer??? Frustrated I guess

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Badfastbusa

Badfastbusa Lurker

I agree, the battery life and charge time is horrible on this compared to my iphone 3g that I came from.

3. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Android Expert

If you leave GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth on all the time, your battery will drain quickly.

If you have all of your apps set to background sync all the time, that will drain battery quicker as well.

There are a lot of ways to set up the phone to manage these services to maximize battery life.

Unfortunately, the technology for the screen displays is running a little ahead of the technology for batteries.

The Mez definitely sucks down the juice, without a doubt. But once you learn how to manage the services better, it is reasonable.

I leave GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth off, unless I absolutely need it. There are several apps that will allow you to set up homescreen widgets for changes on the fly.

4. Zebulon

Zebulon Android Enthusiast

Is the question on battery life, or on the time it takes to charge the battery?

Battery life on any smartphone will be poor compared to our old basic cell phones. It's just a fact of life. There are more things that need to be running, and those things kill the battery. A task killer helps a lot. I used Advanced Task Killer, and I run it several times a day.

As for the battery charge time, I have noticed that certain chargers charge much faster than others. The stock system seems to do it in 2 1/2 hours or so, but one of the USB ports on my computer barely even makes a difference. Try a different charger, and maybe that will help.

5. icket

icket Newbie

I have found the answer to quicker charge times. Try a Samsung Desktop Cradle. Im charging my phone right now and it has been in the cradle for 1 hour and it has charged 40 percent. I also was having charge times of 3-4 hours.
    Hope this helps.