1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Mesmerize POP3 email issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jdgreen, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Jdgreen

Jdgreen Lurker

My Employer recently provided us with new Samsung Meserize phones. It seems as though most, if not all, of us are having email issues. Our email is pop3 and hosted by our ISP. The stock email application was not performing as we needed. I have since downloaded K-9 and it has done a great job for the most part. The only remaining issues is this: I do not receive ALL of my messages on my phone. I shut down my computer at the end of the work day, and do receive email messages through the evening hours. When I return to the office the next morning I find there will be one or two message that I never received on my phone. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Android Expert

How do you access your email at work? Does it download to Outlook?

The stock email app is garbage. K9 works great, especially with POP3. I would suggest checking the settings on your company's email server. It may "sleep" after a certain time, and not send messages. (such as midnight-6AM or something like that)

The other item I would check is how you have K9 set up to poll. If you have it set up to poll regularly, then the next question I would ask is do you run any kind of profile manager that turns settings off at night? If your profile manager turns off background sync at night while you sleep, K9 won't poll the email server.

3. Jdgreen

Jdgreen Lurker

LaTuFu, thanks for the response. Our email at work does download to Outlook. It would be okay if it just would not receive email from mid-night to wake up, but the messages in question never make it to the phone. I dont delete anything from my Android and compare it to the outlook inbox the next morning. I normally have one or two messages that never made it to my handheld.
    I have not used any profile management tools, so that should not be an issue. Actually I have done very little with this phone.

4. kmf

kmf Android Enthusiast

I just installed K9 and have 2 accounts set up. So far, it seems to work much better than the stock email app. Now speaking of the stock email app: how do I delete the 2 accounts that I have et up on it?

5. kmf

kmf Android Enthusiast

Found the answer myself. Went into the stock email app...longheld each account...which brought up a screen with choices including...delete account. By the way, K9 is working very well so far.

6. mxcheer419

mxcheer419 Lurker

I wasn't recieving my personal emails to my phone either.. I use my email for all kinds of things and want those emails to be recieved routinely. I'm so used to my Blackberry where I recieved them on a regular basis. I just downloaded the K-9 after reading this and so far it seems to be working good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I keep recieveing them. Thats why I love these forums