1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Message app crashes when opening in landscape

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ryukashin, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Ryukashin

Ryukashin Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Student
    Hey I'm running Droid Eris on leaked 2.1v3

Over the last month or so I've noticed than when I open a text message while holding the phone in landscape the app crashes and has to be forced to close. Also sometimes I notices that the keyboard is a little laggy and the text doesn't show up on the screen until I minimize the keyboard.

Has anyone else had these problems or know of a fix?

Also on a side note how to I save pictures sent to me in mms to my media card?

Thanks,

Ryukashin

Advertisement

2. Ryukashin

Ryukashin Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Student
    bump does anyone at least know how i can save pictures from a MMS to my SD card?

3. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Texas
    From what I recall, try a long press on the message (not on the picture) and a pop up menu should appear with an option to save picture. Pictures are saved to the card. The default directory on the card is /sdcard/downloads.

In terms of the software crashing, have you performed a factory reset since the 2.1v3 update? According to many opinions, this step seems to address a lot of issues that many were experiencing after the update.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/80233-factory-data-reset-option.html

4. Ryukashin

Ryukashin Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Student
    Alright thanks that worked. No I havent done a factory data reset yet. I guess I'll try that on my next day off. For that can I backup everything on my phone and restore it after the reset?

thanks

5. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Texas
    You bet. Yeah, it kinda sucks to have to wipe the phone, but it made a world of difference in my case. I think you won't be disappointed. Backing up is no problem. Good luck.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/41385-how-backup-your-htc-eris.html

6. Roaddog

Roaddog Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    I actually had the messege app crash bug too, and couldn't get it to work. I did a factory reset but was still having issues with it. I eventually got fed up and downloaded Handcent from the market. It took some tweaking and a little adjustment, but I don't miss the stock app at all any more.