• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Message delivered as plain text...

ninjasenses

Feb 9, 2010
When someone on the verizon network sends me a text longer then 160char's, they recieve a message that looks like the following: MEssage delivered to 5555551234 as plain text destination does not support enhanced messaging.

and I recieve a message saying:

the preceding msg modified, media objects were removed.

Why do they recieve this does is this phone seriously not able to recieve longer texts than 160 or does it not automatically split it up?? How can I prevent this annoyance from occuring?

is there anyway I can stop this notification from going to the other phone?

No. As far as I know your phone doesn't send this message, the VZW network does. Some phones will allow you to input more than 160 characters and will break it up while others only allow 160 characters to be inputed.

To summarize - Those notification messages are sent by the VZW network. The ability to send messages longer than 160 characters that are split up is a software feature of a particular cell phone.

Upvote 0
I also get the message saying, "preceding msg modified, media objects were removed" each and EVERY time I send a text over 160 characters, and my setting is set to Split 160. UGH! This is SO irritating!!!! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Also, when people text me they receive the "message delivered to 5555551234 as plain text destination does not support enhanced messaging."What in the world!?!?? I have one of the newest and neatest phones out there, and it doesn't support enhanced messaging?!?!? Again, any help would be great!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and/or advice and/or feedback. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones