• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Message Dialog When Opening an Older Android App

NetSpeedZ

Android Enthusiast
Apr 3, 2012
Southwest
www.romwarez.com
I have developed an app that I uploaded to Google Play years ago. I never had to fix anything on it as it was developed well before uploading. Now that Google is forcing developers (a whole separate thread on that topic :p ) to do various things to their apps, I need to upload a new version. I've decided to publish an entirely new app for this purpose. I've made a few changes and now am testing on a phone with Android 11. The app installs fine, however, when starting the app, there is a dialog displayed stating, 'This app was built for an older version of Android and may not work properly . . . . '

App runs fine when pressing on the 'OK' button. I've tried to change the android:minSdkVersion to 15 and the android:targetSdkVersion to 29 in Manifest but the dialog continues to display.

Is there something else in the Manifest.xml that is required?

Any assistance on this nagging problem would be appreciated.

------------

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones