• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Message expired or not available"

Dec 15, 2018
My account was switched over from Virgin to Boost this summer, as Boost bought out Virgin.

I have not had any problems until today. All of a sudden, I cannot get any pictures that are texted to me, I keep getting "message expired of not available".

As far as I know, the settings are still the same, as I have not changed anything on any of them.

I ran updates on everything, but they all say there are no new updates.

I've run a virus cleaner on my phone, and it shows no viruses.

I do not use wifi on my phone.

I need to get this fixed so I can get pictures texted to me again.

Thanks!

My account was switched over from Virgin to Boost this summer, as Boost bought out Virgin.

I have not had any problems until today. All of a sudden, I cannot get any pictures that are texted to me, I keep getting "message expired of not available".

As far as I know, the settings are still the same, as I have not changed anything on any of them.

I ran updates on everything, but they all say there are no new updates.

I've run a virus cleaner on my phone, and it shows no viruses.

I do not use wifi on my phone.

I need to get this fixed so I can get pictures texted to me again.

Thanks!

If your carrier has changed, you'll probably need to update your phone APN settings from Virgin to Boost, before you can retrieve any MMS pictures.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones