1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Message+ Keyboard Mic

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CHHILL, Mar 10, 2016.

1. CHHILL

CHHILL Lurker

Husband just got the new S7 and spent hours on the phone with Verizon because the mic is missing from the keyboard in message+ and he can't do voice typing. Verizon claims that this isn't available on the S7. Anyone know anything about this?

2. SamMax

SamMax Android Expert

Go into device and keyboard settings and make sure voice dictation is enabled.

3. rkkeller

rkkeller Android Enthusiast

You need to press and hold the gear icon at the bottom of the message keyboard. Then press on the microphone to make it the default, then it will appear every time.

4. Nicklepickle

Nicklepickle Lurker

I had this issue and saw your post when searching Google for help. I fixed mine so I made ano account to try and help you.
    I went to settings. Applications. App manager. Then disabled apps. And I enabled an app "Google app" and then the mic was back on the keyboard.
    Good luck

5. sbfox93

sbfox93 Lurker

You need to press and hold the key to the right of the Sym key. This key toggles between microphone, clipboard, face, settings.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews