• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Message notification problem

vipercwf

Dec 29, 2009
Since getting the recent update to 4.4.2, I now am getting a "Message received from {senders name}" audio notification. I use handcent, I went through all the settings as well as the phone settings trying to stop this from happening. I don't want it. I even turned down the notification volume all the way, it is still happening. Any ideas? Appreciate any help!

Thanks for the suggestions. There was an update (weird thought I had it on auto update). It didn't quite fix it but I did find a way to silence it (went through so many setting honestly not sure how I did it). I noticed though when I receive a message, an Orange notification that says 'Smart Speaker' shows up in the notification tray as if it is reading it but somehow I silenced the audio for that. Not sure where the Smart Speaker settings are?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones