1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Message Notification

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rpdxboxer, Mar 8, 2011.

1. rpdxboxer

rpdxboxer Member
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    So when I get a text message, I open up my phone, and there is no notification telling me that a new message is there, it disappears...is there anyway to make it so there notification bar keeps the text message notification up until I get to it? Or does it just always disappear and that's it?

Advertisement

2. rmreid

rmreid Android Enthusiast

Jun 8, 2010
    Male
    Western, TN
    I moved the message icon to my homepage so that even though the green led stops blinking the icon has a number on it to let me know I have a message(s)

3. TheOperator1

TheOperator1 Lurker
    None

May 24, 2011
    hey yea i did this, and like ill get a txt message and well my phones locked so ill have to unlock it, i can see it at the bottom when i unlock it, and but when i get to the home screen, the notification on top disappeas as well as the number on the text messaging icon....but ill click it and theyre will be a msg, but only cuz i heard the sound...or saw the light...

4. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    You can try an app called sms unread count. I also downloaded an app called bubble notification its a live wallpaper when you get a text or missed call a bubble appears with the picture of the contact then you just tap the bubble. You can also link it to Facebook or Twitter for notifications
    I'm not sure how it affects battery life yet as I just started playing with it. But it can be set to not have any bubbles unless you get a notification.

5. La_Inspire

La_Inspire Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    SMS Popup works well and has the option to Close or Reply by speaking or typing. Though, the message will still count as a new message until you open your actual Messages.