1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support message notification

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by crackerjacker, Nov 7, 2011.

1. crackerjacker

crackerjacker Newbie
    None

Nov 7, 2011
    Hi

I have recently upgraded from iPhone to galaxy s2 and I am having a few issues I was hoping I could get some help with.

My main problem at the moment is the privacy around text messages. Whenever I receive a text message the full message scrolls through the notification bar for all to see.

I have searched through the settings menu and turned off notifications but this then turns off the message alert tone.

After searching the internet it seemed advisable to use go SMS (think that is what it is called) so I installed it and, bingo, the scrolling stops but now the persons contact number shows on the pop up which I cannot get off so I have stopped using it.

I was hoping someone on here has overcome this problem and could advise me what the best course of action / which SMS apparently to use / if can sort it out on the stock message system etc

Your help and knowledge would be appreciated as this is really doing my head in.

Advertisement

2. MrCave

MrCave Newbie
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Handcent SMS has lots of privacy features including the ones you are wanting.

3. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Android Expert
    None

Just turn the notifications off. The numbered badges would still work. I know that really doesn't do much to alert you to a message.....

4. crackerjacker

crackerjacker Newbie
    None

Nov 7, 2011
    yeahm i kind aneed to be alerted with a noise or vibration if i have a message so turning them off is no good. I am using sms popup and its working great