1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General Message notification

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mach the First, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Mach the First

Is there any way to program the LG Mach to display a light when I have a text or phone message? The old obsolete phone I had used a red blinking light to notify me. This requires me to pick it up, turn it on, etc.

thanks

Advertisement

2. If you have rooted your phone, get LG notifications off the play store. It lights up the bottom home row of your touch screen.

3. slimer666

slimer666 Lurker

This phone has a proper notification LED though... There must be some way to control it. I've been on kind of a tear lately fixing the assorted stupidities of the Mach... I will see if I can figure anything out.

4. Yeah, it does, I spent a week attempting to get that thing to work. There is a few apps that do kinda work, but not the way I expected, or wanted them to.

5. slimer666

slimer666 Lurker

...Took me about 30 seconds of Googling to find an app called "Light Manager" you can get from the play store. Works like a charm.

- I use Handcent SMS, and had to disable the LED notification that it already has, which I don't think was working anyway.
    - Custom colors don't work although they come close to being right...

6. slimer666

slimer666 Lurker

On second look, a different app called Light Flow Light seems to be better. I couldn't make Light Manager work with gmail, but Light Flow Lite does it all...

powerkane likes this.
  7. mtstew

mtstew Newbie

Slimer thanks for posting your findings, I definitely use that feature on the Transform Ultra and I hate phones that lose features. I'm already pissed that I'm missing real, tangible hardware face buttons instead of this capacitive touch baloney (I'm old-school). Why Boost and prepaid carriers in general hate QWERTY Android users so much, I have no freaking clue. They just give us the scraps, they didn't even bother to give us a better than 0.3MP front facing camera.