• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help message notifications

craigb87

Sep 21, 2010
I'm getting message notifications from the default messaging app even though i've uninstalled the messaging app (i use a 3rd party app). I get the standard message symbol in the notidication bar as well as the handcent one, but in the notifications list it says 0 new messages. Anything I can do to get rid? It was working fine until a few days ago.

edit: I've reinstalled the standard messaging app and uninstalled handcent to see if this was the problem. It hasn't helped but I have realised that the 2nd notification isn't the standard icon. I've had chomp, handcent and sms pop up in the past but have uninstalled them. Is there anything I can do, because it's annoying. I hope it's something stupid that I've missed so I can sort it!

This is what's happening:

screenshot by craigb87, on Flickr

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones