• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Message received count not showing?

sunbeam1972

Lurker
Jun 13, 2011
Can anyone help?My Arc does not show text messages I am receiving on the message icon. It shows I have a message on the notification standard pull down bar, but not on the message envelope(no number displayed). I often pull down the notification bar and clear it,thus missing any text messages I may have got, so am always pressing the message envelope icon to see if any have been received. My old x10 mini shows a number when text received ,but not my new Arc? Is it a gingerbread thing or am I missing something?

Unfortunately there is a difference between how these two handsets perform this function. The messaging icon on the Mini acts more like a widget and will provide details of how many messages you have unread in your inbox, however the same icon on the Arc is simply a shortcut to the messaging application and does not do this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones