• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Message receiving and apps problems

Hello,
I have two problems, making my Wildfire S a real pain.

1) My HTC has suddenly started receiving messages whenever it feels like it. Yesterday I received a text 6 hours after it was sent, another one 4 hours after, and some just a few minutes after, it's been happening for a few days. Sending messages is not a problem, neither is calling.

2) Any apps that I use that automatically refresh (E.g. Twitter) are set to update every 5 minutes, yet they have stopped doing so.

These problems both started a couple of days ago, I've tried battery and SIM pulls etc. but no luck. On the day it started I'd installed 4 new game apps (Angry Birds, Parking Truck, Pool Master Pro and Air Hockey).
This leaves me with two thoughts, it could be either:
- A bad app
- A memory issue (The internal memory has about 15mb remaining)

Any thoughts?

UPDATE: I uninstalled 'Parking Truck' to find that my Twitter feed was back to refreshing itself every 5 minutes as it should do!
I tested to see if my phone would receive texts and that is working without delay.

Problem appears to be solved! :smokingsomb:
However if anyone has anything to try in case this happens again, I would be very grateful.

Upvote 0
I hate when a bad app messes up the phone! >.<; Can't remember what I had, but I had an app that kept causing things to crash... so I had to uninstall it. :c Another app caused my battery to die like crazy, and even with light use it was nearly dead in a few hours. Yikes!

Basically, sometimes the app just doesn't like your phone. I've heard that's not really something you can fix. :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones