1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support message sending constantly failing?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mcchriswood, Sep 15, 2010.

1. mcchriswood

mcchriswood Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Guys.
    Today at work i went into my people app and sent a contact card too a friend.
    When i done this it went to send it through messages rather than through handcent for whatever reason.
    either way the friend didn't get the contact card.
    After this i went into handcent to send a contact and nothing would send.
    So i tried sending a normal text message and nothing.
    After half an hour i rebooted phone but still nothing do i decided to turn phone off and take battery and sim card out and then turn back on.
    This still didnt fix it so i went into manage applications and cleared all cache and data from htc messages app.
    Again this didn't work but im worried what data i may have deleted now??
    3 hours later and everything was working ok or seeming too however every now and then i got the message sending failed.
    Ive had full signal throughout this.
    Whats the problem??
    Also when i now recieve a message im getting 2 messag notifications come up one from handcent the other from htc messages app?
    On another note what cache can i clear??
    Ive got astro which allows me too clear thumbnail and internal cache which i do weekly but how can i clear all my application cache at once? and should i clear caches??
    Thanks

Advertisement

2. mcchriswood

mcchriswood Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
  3. krappies

krappies New Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Hi, I know this is almost a year late, but I noticed the same on my Desire HD. T-Mobile send me messages saying why they failed and it turns out that for some reason when replying to messages it removes the + from the +44 which renders the number useless...guess I will have to replace +44 with a 0...

Tags: