1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General "Message Sent Successfully"?!?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by grvthang, May 17, 2010.

1. grvthang

grvthang Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    wtf? I just sent the first text message since I installed the upgrade, and I got a notification "Message Sent - Message sent successfully".

It never did that before the upgrade. Every time I send a text from now on I'm going to get an audible notification that is was successfully sent? Shouldn't I take for granted that it's successfully sent, and shouldn't they just be notifying me if it WASN'T successfully sent?

Advertisement

2. tproctor

tproctor Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    R&D Technician
    Pampa, Tx
    Go to messages>menu>settings and uncheck Sent notification. Don't ask me how I know this. ;)

3. grvthang

Jan 5, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    Did that option even exist before? I don't remember having to do that.

4. tproctor

tproctor Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    R&D Technician
    Pampa, Tx
    I don't think it was there.

5. grvthang

Jan 5, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    I wish they could have added a periodic reminder when you don't acknowledge a text or voice message (like any other "dumb" phone), instead of having to use an additional app like Missed Reminder.

6. Shnuddy

Shnuddy Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    lol :)

7. Tarheel_Rambler

Tarheel_Rambler Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    There is. It's in the notification bar, just like on "dumb" phones. What else are you looking for?

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

8. natsu

natsu Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Teacher
    ohio

pretty sure stock message app has the flashing trackball? i could be confused though.

9. grvthang

Jan 5, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    On any normal cell phone that's not a smartphone, you can set it so that if you don't acknowledge a text message or voice message, it will repeatedly remind you by way of a periodic vibration or sound. I don't know whether that was added in 2.1, but it didn't exist in 1.5; it only flashed the trackball, which requires you to have to look at the phone.

10. I too found that annoying; it immediately propelled me to seek out the path to removing it. ;)

11. chensawling

chensawling New Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Hai,

I just found out the sms sent notification always reply me that my message successfully sent. i have tested to send the sms to other phone which i switched off, but sms sent notification reply me my message successfully sent...anyone encountered same problem?

Thanks.

12. Hello chensawling. Welcome to Android Forums. :)

"Message sent successfully" is reporting that the sms was successfully transmitted from your device to the nearest tower; it is not a report having anything to do with reception of that message by another device.

chensawling likes this.
  13. KatMadingo

KatMadingo New Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Female
    I don't have the option to turn off "picture successfully sent" in my messages menu. I have the LG g5. Any other ideas? This notification is really annoying.