• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Message to all N1 lurkers!!

Ok you talked me into it. :) I have an iPhone 4 and an N1. I got my N1 because I am in college and I am pretty sure I want to make and/or program cellphones. I wanted the best android phone and the N1 seemed to be it. I found an AT&T 3G N1 on ebay and lucked out and got it for a great price and it looks brand new. I don't know much about android yet, but i swap sim cards sometimes and use my N1 because I want to see whats more user friendly. I believe android has HUGE potential but they aren't quite there yet. A few things that keep me from using my N1 more are the HORRID battery life, and that there isnt a good music player that gives me lockscreen controls like my iPhone.

So guys, is there anything I can do about my problems? What should I know about the N1? What are some must have widgets and apps? And lastly, How can I make my phone look amazing like in the "post your homescreen" thread.

Hopefully this is what you were looking for Steven58.

As far as bettery life I saw this thread earlier which seems very compelling. I personally havent rooted my phone (yet), but after reading this it is always on my mind now...:rolleyes:

Might be something you want to check out.

As far as other widgets and apps, I have found LauncherPro to be awesome, it is actually the first app I was compelled to buy (check out the scrollable dock + swipe activation). I also just came across Process Manager, which has a great task managing widget. You will see it in the video linked to the battery life thread I mentioned. Another very cool app is QuickDeskPro, a multitasking supplement with very unintrusive utility.

For music I am sure youve come across doubletwist. It definitely needs some work, but with the kind of vision they seem to be putting into it, it looks like its geared up to be something great one day.

I have also found Sense Analog Clocks (made by Factory Widgets) to be light, simple, and usefull. It mimics Sense UIs weather and clock appearance but adds some good info like free memory, free internal storage, sd card space, batt. %. Also its free and very easy to set up

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones