• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Message to Droid X Lurkers!!

Steven58

Former Heavyweight Champion of AF-Early Bird Club
Feb 19, 2010
USA
Message to all DX Lurkers:

I want to tell you I'm glad you're here. Moreover, I have a question for you. Why not sign up and contribute? You don't have to be a geeky rocket scientist! We welcome your questions, your comments and your shmoozing!

Don't be afraid! Do it today!

If you need any help, just PM me and I'll be glad to help you get around in here!

Steven

Anytime I'm talking about Android, I always mention AndroidForums. I met a couple of lurkers at the DroidLanding hunt in Nashville before the release of the X that way. Great people who are interested in Android and find the forums a great source of information.

I say if ya just wanna lurk...lurk. Most questions have already been answered, discussed, debated, trolled, dis-proven, and defended here.

But if you do have a question or comment, have at it. There are a lot of great people here who are passionate about the Android OS and love to help.

Upvote 0
uh yeah i really don't know what that is

just so you know, i was only kidding about asking about that.

the .sbf is a file that you can use to flash your x back to bone stock 2.1 in case you royally screw something up. when the 2.2 leak came out, a lot of people were making mistakes, and bricking their phones (the phone was getting stuck at the M screen). to resolve this, the user had to use Motorola's RSD Lite (a program used to flash the .sbf file to the phone), and it would get it in proper working condition again. at that time, there were a million posts asking what it was, and how to correctly use it.

also, now that it has come to light that Motorola will not push the 2.2 OTA to the folks that installed the leak, the .sbf became a hot topic again, because that is the only way to get back to 2.1 in order to receive the OTA. it has been a topic that has been posted about time and time again, and i think any question that could possibly be asked about it, has been asked no less than 10+ times in 10+ different threads.

i really dont mind that people ask about it, i was simply trying to make a joke (albeit a bad one) about the issue.

Upvote 0
Well guys i have been lurking these forums for bout 2 weeks now. I just came over from a dinc.

I do have a question though....i have noticed the auto capitalzation feature on the x is kinda off. Is there any fix for this?

I'm using swype which has auto capitalization. My guess is that in that if the multi touch doesn't have it, it may be because of the ease of capitalization provided by multi-touch? I don't know.. perhaps someone who uses MT keyboard can answer this. Would it be a setting?

Roxors: if you don't get a satisfactory answer here, feel free to post this question in the DX support section, okay? :)

Upvote 0
I'm using swype which has auto capitalization. My guess is that in that if the multi touch doesn't have it, it may be because of the ease of capitalization provided by multi-touch? I don't know.. perhaps someone who uses MT keyboard can answer this. Would it be a setting?

Roxors: if you don't get a satisfactory answer here, feel free to post this question in the DX support section, okay? :)

10-4 and yea i tried swype and its just not for me.

Upvote 0
Well guys i have been lurking these forums for bout 2 weeks now. I just came over from a dinc.

I do have a question though....i have noticed the auto capitalzation feature on the x is kinda off. Is there any fix for this?

I came from the DInc as well, and have noticed the same thing. Supposedly one of the fixes coming in the 2.2 release is that it will auto-cap the 'i' like it should. And yes, it is a bit of a bugger that it doesn't do it automatically.

Upvote 0

That really bugged me too, and no matter how much I tried to like swype I couldn't do it. If you get another keyboard the auto cap works a lot better. I have Better Keyboard from the market which works great and has a lot of themes on the market. I like it, but a couple days ago I switched to the HTC_IME keyboard because I could make my own themes. Check out this thread for examples and everything you need to know about themeing your own keyboard, it is really easy, looks nice, and the keyboard (including auto cap) works great, plus this is all free.

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-x/170378-custom-themed-htc-keyboards.html

Reactions: emaN resU
Upvote 0
just so you know, i was only kidding about asking about that.

the .sbf is a file that you can use to flash your x back to bone stock 2.1 in case you royally screw something up. when the 2.2 leak came out, a lot of people were making mistakes, and bricking their phones (the phone was getting stuck at the M screen). to resolve this, the user had to use Motorola's RSD Lite (a program used to flash the .sbf file to the phone), and it would get it in proper working condition again. at that time, there were a million posts asking what it was, and how to correctly use it.

also, now that it has come to light that Motorola will not push the 2.2 OTA to the folks that installed the leak, the .sbf became a hot topic again, because that is the only way to get back to 2.1 in order to receive the OTA. it has been a topic that has been posted about time and time again, and i think any question that could possibly be asked about it, has been asked no less than 10+ times in 10+ different threads.

i really dont mind that people ask about it, i was simply trying to make a joke (albeit a bad one) about the issue.
All I wanted was a link to a post or a key word to search and find it. The guys at android central were much more helpfull. Just my .02.

Upvote 0
I was a lurker for 6 months...so yeah, I know there are people out there that know the answer but don't say anything. I was there once and it can be scary, so I started out small by just posting just to post and then worked my way up from there.
see steven58 I got this thread back in order:D

lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones