1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Messages app problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rahdni, May 8, 2021.

1. Rahdni

Rahdni Newbie

My s10+ stopped sending and receiving pictures on my messages app. Sending and receiving texts works fine, but no pictures. Tried restarting and clearing cache but no change. Any ideas how to fix this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Have you recently disabled mobile data, around the same time this problem started to occur?
    There might be an issue involving MMS text messaging. Who is your current carrier? And which text messaging app are you using?

Rahdni, Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  3. Rahdni

Rahdni Newbie

Carrier is Sprint. App is Messages.

4. svim

Are you sure your current carrier is still Sprint? It was bought out by T-Mobile last year and its cellular network has either been turned off or integrated into T-Mobile's cellular network. Within the past several months you should have received emails or letters detailing the changeover, with instructions and most likely a new SIM card.

#4 svim, May 8, 2021
    Last edited: May 9, 2021
    ocnbrze, Rahdni, mikedt and 1 other person like this.
  5. Rahdni

Rahdni Newbie

I talked with Sprint and they said I'm still with Sprint. They are sending me new sim cards. Not sure how I feel about switching them. Any thoughts on that? When I talked to them, they connected to my phone and as soon as It authenticated my account, it solved the problem. I wonder if that updated my profile and prl, which in turn solved the problem? Please let me know your thoughts on this. Thanks.

6. svim

Profile updates are well just updating your particular user account profile to your phone. PRL updates are tied to Sprint's previous CDMA network, something T-Mobile won't bother supporting as its just a legacy cellular service at this point.
    When you receive the new SIM card that will probably require at least some manual maintenance task on your part, it's switching your S10 Plus over to an upgraded cellular network. But should also include step-by-step instructions so just follow them.

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I think CDMA is definitely becoming yet another piece of telecoms history.

ocnbrze likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus release date was March 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 16MP camera, 8/12GB RAM, Exynos 9820 processor, and 4100mAh battery.

March 2019
Release Date
Reviews