1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Messages Contact List Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by teamhurting, Apr 29, 2010.

1. teamhurting

teamhurting New Member

Apr 29, 2010
    Hi,

Just got my Incredible and it is rocking. Damn this thing is fast! I notice that when I try to compose an sms message, the contact search list contains ALL of my contacts (phone + Google). This is super annoying, as I literally have thousands of Google contacts and some people have numerous accounts, so it's incredibly difficult to sort through and is honestly the first thing I have seen the phone start to choke on. The 'People' widget has a 'View' setting that allows me to limit by just phone contacts, but I can't seem to find any sort of filter in the search when I'm composing a message. I can type each name individually and select, but having a big list would be nice. Again, I'd like to be able to select message recipients from a list containing only phone contacts. Any help?

Thanks.

FYI, I'm new to Android and Sense, so go easy on me if I'm missing something obvious ;)

Advertisement

2. jpr18

jpr18 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Student
    IL
    I'd also like to know this too. In addition, I want to turn off the Facebook directory. I only want to call people or text people in my "People", not everybody I know on Facebook.