1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support messages not sending after gb update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mla5008, Aug 11, 2011.

1. mla5008

mla5008 Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    So I updated and was noticing that only the numbers would show up when receiving a text so I deleted the Facebook info from accounts and sync but I've also noticed another issue with messaging it won't let me send messages to some contacts ill press send and nothing happens it doesn't even try to send it

Advertisement

2. MassacrMan

MassacrMan Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 31, 2010
    Did you try a battery pull?

3. mla5008

mla5008 Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    Did the battery pull and still isn't working. Is anyone else having this problem?

4. mla5008

mla5008 Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    Ok so I just cleared the cache and its working fine now... If anyone was wondering

5. Arual

Arual Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 3, 2011
    I know that someone in another post mentioned that he/she thought the facebook contacts have something to do with the number/text issue many of us are having, but I don't think thats the problem... or at least not for all of us. I have never used facebook on my phone, ever, and so there are no fb contacts and yet I am still having that same issue... sometimes. It's weird because when that happens, sometimes I can do as someone suggested and open the contact, go back to messages and it's perfect. Other times, I have to add a + in front of the phone number and that corrects it, and then for other times if the + is already attached to the number in contacts and I remove it, that corrects it. Soooooo, now I have a case where many of my contacts look different - some with the + and some without it. It makes no sense to me.

My daughters contact is the only one so far that showed up correctly the very first txt, after updating to gb. All others I have had to modify as I send/receive from them.

Also, some will show up (after my modification) with the name only, and some will have the name and their number.

I can't make any sense of it.