• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Messages sent from Tab broken into attachments when viewed on PC in Outlook 2010

I have a Galaxy Tab 8.9 with Android 3.1 and the default email client that came with the Tab.

I have a personal laptop with Windows 7 and Outlook 2010.

I have a work laptop with Windows XP and Outlook 2007.

My personal email account is set up on my Tab and my personal laptop using IMAP/SMTP.

My work email account is set up on my work laptop using Exchange.

When receiving and replying to email messages on my Tab, they look just fine both on the Tab and on the work laptop.

When viewing the messages in my IMAP folders on my personal laptop, the received messages in the Inbox look just fine, but the replies in the Sent folder are broken into attachments. The attachments include TXT and HTML files of the same items. Moving them to my laptop doesn't make any difference.

I have never had this problem before with any of my email accounts or any of the Web-based or local email clients I use. I have only had this problem with messages sent from the Tab.

Is there some setting somewhere in the Android email app or Outlook that will fix this?

Can I "repair" these messages so they won't have all the attachments but be continuous messages again?

This has stopped me from using my tablet to send or respone to email.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones