1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Messages- setting ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Loafty, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Loafty

Loafty Lurker
    None

Aug 12, 2016
    Male
    I just brought S 7 today and already got few problems with it, getting to old for these things, so anyway I am hoping someone can help an old fart
    1/ I go to MESSAGES and set background colour to white which I want BUT the text messages I receive is in blue and the messages I send are in yellow. All I want is a white background and send and receive text messages in black print NO colours so hoping someone knows what setting I have to go to and the 2nd/ question is , when I shutdown (switch off mobile) when I restart it I would like it to ask me for pin or password BUT tried doing this and yes can get it to do that BUT also when the mobile goes to sleep I have to re-enter pin back in before can do anything so is there anyway of leaving it activated when switching mobile on but NOT when mobile goes to sleep.
    Thank you for reading this and hope you can help me please as I am totally lost. Thanks

Advertisement

2. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    Male
    UK
    1. You cannot alter bubble style currently in the S7 version of the messages app.
    2. Take off your phone lock and put in a SIM lock password instead.

3. Loafty

Loafty Lurker
    None

Aug 12, 2016
    Male

Thank You very much but one last thing were do I go to do the SIM lock password please

4. Solangeburgas

Solangeburgas Well-Known Member
    None

May 19, 2016
    Male
    First u have to disable phone lock PIN code. For this Lock Screen and security > Screen Lock Type > choose None
    For setting a SIM PIN - Lock Screen and Security > Other Security Settings > Set up SIM Card Lock
    Now when the phone will wake up from sleep will not ask for a passcode. If the phone is shutdown or restarted, also if u switch to airplane mode, phone will ask yout SIM PIN code.

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    SIM lock only works if your device has a SIM. If you remove the SIM and startup the device, you can get into it without encountering a lock.

You're better of using Secure Startup. Settings>Lockscreen and Settings>Secure Startup

Eddie Stafford and Hawker like this.
  6. Eddie Stafford

None

Sep 18, 2016
    Male
    How to get pattern screen lock off when the phone isn't activated??

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.