• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help messaging and contacts

20GT

Dec 10, 2011
Am i missing something?
why does my smart phone not have the essentials?
like when you click messages and go to send one you cant insert your contacts and have to manually type one in?
I know go to contacts first an then click messages then its there , but this does not cover forwarding how do i get the address then?

sorry i know its not you guys fault, is there a program or app app does this kind of common sense stuff

Am i missing something?
like when you click messages and go to send one you cant insert your contacts and have to manually type one in?
I know go to contacts first an then click messages then its there , but this does not cover forwarding how do i get the address then?

sorry i know its not you guys fault, is there a program or app app does this kind of common sense stuff
Welcome to AF 20GT!
Are you referring to text messaging or email specifically?

Upvote 0
Am i missing something?

Try Handcent SMS. I've used this since Feb 2010, I love it. You can send a text several ways, you can go to your contacts & choose messaging of a specific person, you can open the app & choose to a new text, then just start typing the person's name & the name will drop down & you just press it. It will automatically have a comma if you want to send it to more than one person. If you want to send a pic, when you press share just pick handcent & do the same, just start typing in a name. You can also send video, you can use this to post pics to twitter. It has a lock message so you don't lose a message. If someone sends you a pic you want to save you just long press the pic & then choose save to sd. It v had a blacklist in case you ever need it. You should try it out. If you don't like it you can always uninstall it.

Upvote 0
AS you can see from the pics, the Huawei messenger has an add button but the Admire does not. :mad:

Attachments

• Huawei messanger.JPG
    Huawei messanger.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Admire.JPG
    Admire.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 49
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones